Friday, May 17, 2013

Dinner picnic & walk!

            Yesterday was a big day for me. You never realize how much living on almost a half an acre actually takes to keep up. On top of that, this yard hasn't been kept up in who knows how long. Therefore, the yard is overrun with weeds.. weeds.. and even more weeds. The dandelions have been driving my husband crazy, so he ended up dropping the blades on the mower and chopping and short as he could. Now? our grass is dying. So, in an effort to revive it, or some of it, I had to water the grass yesterday... with a hand sprayer. You know, the thought didn't sound *that* bad.. until I started doing it, haha. I finally got done, and ended up spraying the kids swingset down, before Noah started flirting with the little girls that live behind us. I met them and their grandma, which are a very nice family. Nate had met the man that lives there shortly after moving in. Their little ones are always running around outside yelling, so I don't feel as bad when mine are out there being loud and obnoxious ;P

            We ate lunch outside yesterday, and around 2:30, I decided it was time for Noah to come in and take a nap, since I knew we had a somewhat eventful night ahead of us. I changed Noah and laid him down and ran upstairs to get some shorts on. Got my butt outside so I could start planting my 100's of flowers I had to plant yet, lol. (I actually have like 70 bulbs, and a 75 tray of seeds I started, and other flowers I got at the nursery)

            Cody spends Thursday nights over at grandma's, because she has Fridays off, so she takes him to school and it's easier if he is just there in the morning. Nate had told me to make some sandwiches and be ready when he got home, so once I got Noah up, I got snacks, drinks, and sandwiches together and we headed out to Holland Ponds. I started taking pictures and it started to bum me out that Cody wasn't there, but he had been asked a few times and between "yes I wanna go" and "no I don't wanna go", he ended up saying he didn't want to go. He got to play in the sprinkler and help clean grandma's house, so I know he did end up having fun, even if it wasn't with us! We didn't see a whole lot. A few neat birds, some pretty flowers,  and a few fish, haha. I *heard* a bullfrog, and caught the butt end of a small snake, but it slithered away too fast for me to really realize it. I also caught a glimpse of a Heron. (I am so unobservant most of the time, and I was trying to snap pictures of Noah)

         Anddddd  here are some pictures :)








Yes, I know, this is the best picture EVER. Noah looks SO happy.









2 comments:

  1. Aww, looks like Noah had fun! Except in that one photo! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah's little face when he's on his dad's shoulders...PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete